Church of the Savior began in 1986 with a small group of people and a vision to change the world. Today you will find hundreds of us on Sunday morning worshipping together. We are one of the most diverse groups of believers in the area. Our worshiping congregation represents many ethnic and national backgrounds and we are a people of all ages.
In our continued effort to make disciples of all nations, we support over 20 missionaries and missionary families serving in places like the Ivory Coast, Asia, and Papau New Guinea. We may still be small, but we think God is using us to do big things!
Come join us on a Sunday morning! You may also email one of our staff, or visit our Ministries Page to find out about ministry opportunities at COS.
What we believe
We at Church of the Savior pride ourselves in being a strong and faithful part of the Body of Christ. We are followers of Jesus and are faithful to the core beliefs of traditional Christianity. However, we recognize that not all believers agree on issues of doctrine, and that there is a wide range of opinions on the lesser matters of our faith. For that reason, we emphasize unity in the essentials (see below), and liberty in the non-essentials. You will find persons from many backgrounds and schools of thought worshipping side by side at COS. While we are diverse in this sense, together we agree and uphold the following beliefs as the core of our faith.
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired, infallible Word of God; the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all of humanity is sinful and salvation is only by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling Christians are enabled to live a godly life and to do the work of ministry.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead- believers to life everlasting and unbelievers to final judgment.
- We believe in the Church as the Body of Christ, for which He will return, as comprised of all who have accepted the redemption provided in Him.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, His deity, virgin birth, sinless life, death by crucifixion, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father and personal future return in power and glory.